This course describes the architecture, main design principles and operation of transport networks based on the PDH and SDH, WDM standards and their application in modern telecommunication solutions. The students will learn the operation of different protocols within the TCP / IP suite such TCP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, ARP, DNS and DHCP.
- Introduction to transport networks. The role of transport networks within communication networks today.
- Main transport system stanrards in telecommunication networks (PDH, SDH, WDM).
- SDH thechnology basics and terminology.
- SDH hierarchy. SDH frame structure.
- Typical SDH transport netwoks topology and network design principles.
- Synchronization fundamentals.
- SDH network elements.
- Optical Network characteristics.
- Optical Network design basics (WDM).
- WDM types: CWDM, DWDM, HDWDM
- DWDM Technology
- Network Management and QoS.
- Future applications. SDH in DataCom and Multiservice networks.
- Describe IPv4 and IPv6 protocol, addressing / aggregation
- Describe the purpose and operation of different protocols such as TCP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, FTP, TFTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, ARP, DNS and DHCP
- Describe the TCP and UDP protocol structures, headers and functionality
- Analysis on the operation of different protocols / applications (DNS, HTTP, FTP, TFTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, etc.)
- Describe the purpose and operation of different network devices and routing protocols used in IP networking.
- IP routing: static , dynamic ,distance-vector algorithm , link-state algorithm, external routing ,internal routing
- Basic routing protocols: RIP , OSPF, BGP.
- Explain Physical and Data Link Layer: MAC Address, CSMA/CD principles, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet.
- Explain the operation of Hubs, Switches and Routers
- Explain VLSM, CIDR, Subnetting , aggregation, NAT.
Theoretical lectures and exercises, self-education.
Who Should Attend
The course is intended for network planning engineers and O&M staff who will be responsible for planning, operation and expansion of the transport network.
Basic understanding of datacom.
Duration — 5 days
Maximum number of participants — 16