This course will give the students an insight and understanding of the TCP / IP protocol stack from the physical layer to the application layer. The students will learn the operation of different protocols within the TCP / IP suite and MPLS technology.
- Describe IPv4 and IPv6 protocol, addressing / aggregation
- Describe IPv4 packet structure, protocol header and features
- Describe IPv6 packet structure, protocol header, features and the different types of IPv6 addresses
- Describe the purpose and operation of different protocols such as TCP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, FTP, TFTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, ARP, DNS and DHCP
- Describe the TCP and UDP protocol structures, headers and functionality
- Analysis on the operation of different protocols.
- Describe the purpose and operation of different network devices and routing protocols used in IP networking.
- Describe basic LAN technologies(Ethernet, FDDI , Token Ring)
- IP routing: static , dynamic ,distance-vector algorithm , link-state algorithm, external routing, internal routing
- Basic routing protocols: RIP, OSPF, BGP.
- Explain Physical and Data Link Layer: MAC Address, CSMA/CD principles, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- The main concepts of MPLS.
- MPLS Labels.
- MPLS Applications.
- GMPLS switching.
- Class marking with IP Precedence, DSCP.
Theoretical lectures and exercises, self-education.
Who Should Attend
Ericsson staff and Ericsson customer’s staff involved in administration/configuration of IP networks.
Duration — 4 days
Maximum number of participants — 8