This course will give the students an insight and understanding of the TCP / IP protocol stack from the physical layer to the application layer. The students will learn the operation of different protocols within the TCP / IP suite such TCP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, ARP, DNS and DHCP, understand data transmission and IPv4/ IPv6. features.
- Describe IPv4 and IPv6 protocol, addressing / aggregation
- Describe IPv4 packet structure, protocol header and features
- Describe IPv6 packet structure, protocol header, features and the different types of IPv6 addresses
- Describe the purpose and operation of different protocols such as TCP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, FTP, TFTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, ARP, DNS and DHCP
- Describe the OSI reference model and how it relates to the TCP / IP stack
- Describe the TCP and UDP protocol structures, headers and functionality
- Analysis on the operation of different protocols / applications (DNS, HTTP, FTP, TFTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, etc.)
- Describe the purpose and operation of different network devices and routing protocols used in IP networking
- Describe basic LAN technologies(Ethernet, FDDI , Token Ring)
- IP routing: static , dynamic ,distance-vector algorithm , link-state algorithm, external routing ,internal routing
- Basic routing protocols: RIP, OSPF, BGP
- Explain Physical and Data Link Layer: MAC Address, CSMA/CD principles, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Explain the purpose of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Explain the operation of Hubs, Switches and Routers
- Explain VLSM, CIDR, Subnetting , aggregation, NAT
- List the purpose and operation of VLAN
Theoretical lectures and exercises, self-education.
Who Should Attend
Ericsson staff and Ericsson customer’s staff involved in administration/configuration of IP networks.
Datacom Networking program issues.
Duration — 5 days
Maximum number of participants — 8