Mobile Packet Backbone Networks (M-PBN) Concepts — SmartEdge Track
Participants will learn about the scope of the M-PBN reference network, the products involved as well as applied concepts and architecture.
- The overview of the Mobile Packet Backbone Network (M-PBN )
- The main requirements to the IP Backbone and Site infrastructure
- Advantages of using modular reference architecture
- Quality of Service: QoS purpose, 3GPP QoS model, the M-PBN QoS solution
- Security Design: the Security Domain Network Security, the Security Services applied for different traffic types, security Management
- Site Infrastructure: client modules connectivity options, M-PBN site switch hardware options
- IP/MPLS backbone design
- Redundancy and interfaces to other network modules
- IGP, internal BGP and client NW routing choice in M-PBN backbone routing design
- MSS over IP support in M-PBN
- MSS IP Signaling: SCTP, M3UA , M2PA and MTP3b layer scenarios
A over IP concept
PRA implementation in MPBN
SIP/SIP-I Inter-working Principle
Packet Core support in M-PBN
Redundancy mechanisms for high availability
VLAN traffic separation principles and security
- The Mobile-PBN Operation and Maintenance (O&M) network used for transport of management traffic between network elements
- O&M for MPBN infrastructure recommendations.
- The charging solution in M-PBN
- The connectivity (interfaces, required protocols) between the Core Network Elements as included in Mobile-PBN and the needed charging systems
- IMS connectivity solution in M-PBN: the IMS architecture/modules, IP connectivity for both fixed and mobile IMS applications
The course consists of the theoretical lectures and self-preparation.
Who Should Attend
The target audience for this course is: Network Designers, Network Deployment Engineers, Service Design Engineers, System Engineers.
- Competence in IP
- Competence in ATM
- Competence in CS and PS for WCDMA and GSM
Duration — 5 days
Maximum number of participants — 16