OMS 14xx. Operation and Maintenance
This course is designed for people who have to configure, operate and maintain the OMS14xx equipment in the transport network. The course contents will provide the full information about the equipment composition and features. The basic procedures for operation and maintenance and for the configuration of the main services will be explained.
On completion of this course the participants will be able to
- Describe the basics concepts of the involved technologies
- Explain the benefits and the characteristics of the SDH Equipment variants
- Illustrate the use of the equipment in the SDH network
- Describe the Marconi OMS 1400 family and features.
- Illustrate the use of the equipment in the network.
- Explain the main system architectures.
- Identify the management and control system architecture.
- Discuss the switching system architecture.
- Explain the Power Supply architecture.
- Understand the meaning of the alarms.
- Use the Marconi OMS 1400 Local Terminal interface.
- Operate the initial system set-up.
- Configure and analyze the communication parameters.
- Configure the unit’s parameters.
- Configure the ports’ parameters.
- Explain and configure the protection schemes.
- Restore the normal working condition after the fault.
- Analyze the performance data.
- Manage fault reporting.
- Operate main maintenance procedures.
- Perform the backup and restore of the equipment database.
- Describe the software download principles.
- Perform the update of the software licenses.
- Operate basic troubleshooting procedures
Instructor-led training with extensive theoretical and practical exercises.
Who Should Attend
The target audience for this course is: System Technicians, Field Technicians, System Engineers.
The participants should attend the Datacom Networking course or equivalent.
Duration — 5 days
Maximum number of participants — 8