SmartEdge (SE) BRAS Configuration and Monitoring
This course covers technology background of OSPF protocol, PPP protocol as well as multiple configuration tasks. It describes: the role of OSPF in IP networks, protocol operations, link state database content. It also covers technology background and configuration of DHCP & CLIPS sessions on the SmartEdge system. It describes static and dynamic bindings in the multiple-context environment, debugging process for DHCP environment. It describes the negotiation of PPP sessions between client and server, dynamic bindings in the multiple-context environment, debugging and verification process for PPPoX and much more. Hands-on exercises allow participants to master SmartEdge CLI syntax of OSPF, DHCP/CLIPS and PTA related commands.
- Basics of IPv4/IPv6 addressing and routing.
- Building IP infrastructure, verification of IP connectivity.
- Introduction to OSPF: discovering of OSPF neighbors, synchronizing link state database, adjacencies in broadcast environment, Link State Advertisement (LSA) flooding, role of areas in OSPF networks, functional differentiation of routers in OSPF.
- Configuration of OSPF backbone area: routing verification, administrative distance discussion, details of LSA1 & LSA2, verifying OSPF operations, troubleshooting OSPF related problems.
- Configuration of non backbone area: routing verification, details of LSA3.
- Configuration and verification of route redistribution: details of LSA4 & LSA5.
- Configuration of stubby OSPF area.
- Configuration of totally stubby OSPF area.
- Prefix summarization.
- Injecting default route into OSPF domain.
- DHCP process between client and server.
- System negotiation flow for static/dynamic bindings of circuits to context.
- Difference between bind interface and bind subscriber static bindings.
- Configuration to support DHCP session arriving on Ethernet.
- Configuration to support DHCP session arriving on Ethernet Dot1Q.
- Debugging and verification.
- Configuration to support CLIPS session arriving on Ethernet.
- Configuration to support CLIPS session arriving on Ethernet Dot1Q.
- Debugging and verification.
- Description of RADIUS for CLIPS (Context specific authentication, Global Authentication).
- PPP negotiation between client and server.
- System negotiation flow for dynamic bindings of circuits to context.
- Configuration steps to support PPPoE session arriving on Ethernet.
- Debugging and verification of the process for PPPoX.
- Configuration steps to support PPPoE session arriving on Ethernet Dot1Q.
- Configuration steps to support PPPoX session arriving on ATM.
- System-level and context-specific-level authentication parameters.
- Creation of configuration using different authentication methods (local authentication, authentication using RADIUS-server).
- Use Global Regular Expression Parser (GREP) within CLI for troubleshooting.
- Creation of aliases and macros to assist with troubleshooting.
Theoretical lectures, exercises.
Who Should Attend
Engineers who are involved in network design and operation.
Basic knowledge of IP routing. Successful completion of “SmartEdge System Survey, Operation and Maintenance”.
Duration — 5 days
Maximum number of participants — 8